Sunday, March 24, 2013

Travel Day/Rothenburg

After a few delays and several hours on the plane, we have finally arrived in Germany. It was a smooth flight and I think out first time fliers enjoyed the experience. We met up in the airport with the other travel groups from Idaho and Tennessee, met out guide Claudia, and jumped on plane to Rothenburg. Since it is Sunday, many of the shops were closed but we had the chance to wander through the medieval town, grab some lunch, taste test the Schneeballen, and drink lots of espresso in Mrs. Mayer's case. I have yet to hear about the Medieval Torture Museum, but I'm sure we'll hear more about that over dinner tonight. It was a chilly first day (27 degrees), but we are all enjoying ourselves and will be ready to start again tomorrow after getting to sleep in real beds tonight! Next stop: Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich!

P.S.Having trouble posting pics right now, but I promise we are all here and in one piece! :)

P.P.S. My phone battery died today so photos of the group were taken with the iPad. The iPad will not connect to my now charged phone's hotspot. Can you see the problem here? That being said, here is a picture of a picture of the group in Rothenburg today! Now that we are no longer on airplanes and I have access to a phone charger and an outlet, this hopefully won't be a problem again!

1 comment:

  1. Following along! Love that you are posting :) How exciting.

    Hello to my mom (Dianne G.) and my nephew, Alex :)

    I'm jealous...I want some good espresso and dark chocolate too! LOL.

    ReplyDelete