Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Munich/Innsbruck/Venice

We checked out of the hotel and hit the road at 8am. It was about a 2 hour drive to Innsbruck, Austria where we had the chance to stretch our legs, sight-see, shop and eat some schnitzel. The majority of our time today was spent on the road but we are finally reaching warmer temperatures, green grass and sunshine! A few students wrote the posts below this afternoon during our bus ride through the Alps.

The photos of students are from our stop in Innsbruck. Mrs. Anderson: If you are out there reading this, Mrs. Mayer wanted to replicate a picture of you from the last trip. Enjoy!

Dianne, Mrs. Mayer and I enjoyed our first espresso followed by a cappuccino after arriving in Italy. The last photo shows the effects of caffeine! Sorry, but I jut had to post it! :)

Alyssia K.-
Hey everyone this is Alyssia! So the part I love the most so far is the food. I had this cookie, like a shortbread cookie, with jam between it and a bunny carved out on top. The most yummy ing I've ever had! The churches here are beautiful! My friends and I stopped into one for a minute or so and heard the congregation sing with the priest. For the most part I'm having a wonderful time!

Tonisha K.-
The trip has been so great! Just leaving Germany and the view of the alps is amazing! Long bus ride ahead of us through Austria and then on to Italy! I'm so excited! So funny story, yesterday when Emilie and I were shopping, I made Emilie stand there and hold my stuff so that I could try on my hat. I'm standing there laughing and stuff and then all of a sudden I notice a crane, the exact same color as the hat I just bought, backing towards Emilie. Apparently my face was funny because I went from laughing to screaming. Well not literally screaming but I told Emilie to watch out and then pulled her out of the way. She thought it was pretty funny I guess, and it was. Well I'm excited for the rest of Europe, low point is the weather, but hopefully it will get better. Not much room to complain, because we're in Europe!
P.S. Emilie and i made a friend in the Texas airport named Larry, but we were mean friends and left him behind to get run over and crushed some more which we were allowing to begin with...and laughing at.
P.P.S. Larry is a gummy worm.

Brityaney S.-
Hello everyone! This trip has been so amazing. Germany was great! After learning about culture, I understand why my father does enjoy some of the things he does. I am so excited for the rest of the trip. I wouldn't want to spend my spring break anywhere else. I love that my sister and I are traveling the world together; I would have to say that traveling with her is my favorite part. Overall, this has been the best experience of my life so far! I hope everyone is enjoying their spring break as well, and I look forward to seeing and talking with all of you when we come home! <3

Cassidy S.-
Hello to everyone back home. It was pretty cold in Germany, but that didn't stop me from having fun. Some of my favorite things so far were Rothenburg, Dachau, shopping and trying the different kinds of food. I can't wait to tell you guys all about it when I get home.















3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun. Wish we could be there also! Love the pics and updates. Please tell Alex to turn his phone on. Thanks.
    Kristin, Alex's mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, espresso :)

    The last picture....too funny!!!
    *caption* "No way, seriously?" "You have got to be kidding!" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Thank you for thinking of me! I remember that picture well! Hope you didn't have to search for a birthday cake this time!! LOL

    ReplyDelete