Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter in the Black Forest

Happy Easter! After our wonderful evening last night, we started out with breakfast and Kinder eggs from Mrs. Mayer (mine had a mini polar bear inside!). It was our last full day as a large group with the travelers from Tennessee and Idaho as well as out awesome driver, Siggi. When we made our first stop of the day at Rheinfalls we gave Siggi a gift which he absolutely loved! Tyler was sent on a hunt for his gift yesterday in Switzerland and picked out a Swiss army knife that he had engraved. Our group photo of the day is with Siggi at the falls. After our short stop we continued on through the Black Forest to the world's largest cuckoo clock where we had lunch and Schwarzwalder Kirschetorte (black forest cake...delicious!). Once again we continued on, making another stop in Heidelberg and ending at our hotel in Ludwigshafen, Germany. Tomorrow morning most of the other travelers will head to the airport bright and early and go back home while our crew (plus a few others) take off for three days in Paris! More student blogs below!

P.S. Mom, does that name look familiar in the last picture? :) I've seen it around a few times now in Germany!

Dalton:
Hey from Ludwigshafen, Germany! The trip has been a very influential part of my life. I am very glad to have this opportunity. I may never be able to have this experience again. My favorite part of the trip so far would probably have to be the Swiss Alps. The Alps are awesome. Happy Easter everyone! Hi family! See you guys at home in four days!

Colten:
Hy everyone, I hope everyone is having a good time over spring break back home. I have been having a really good time. Things are a lot different than the U.S. but that's not a bad thing. It had been a great experience to be out on my own. I thought that the Alps were super awesome and all the different foods were really good as well. Hope to see everyone soon.

Tyler:
My favorite part of this trip so far is definitely seeing the mountains. They are awesome and something we don't get to see often. Another awesome part of this trip seeing the big towns from an elevated view. My favorite food so far was the meal we had in Rothenburg which was sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and sausage. Also a fun part of the trip was going to the church service last night and seeing how they do things, turns out its about the same just in a different language. Happy Easter to my family. Hope it is warm when we get back because it is cold here!

Alex:
The trip is awesome. My favorite part of the trip was Switzerland. It was very peaceful and quiet. The people are kind and open to us. Happy Easter family. I can't wait to get to see you guys.

Chelsea;
Guten tag from Germany! This trip has been amazing. Today we went to the Black Forest (which was a lovely shade of white due to the snow). The chocolate here is sooooo amazing!! And the rest of the food is good too. I'm so excited to head to Paris tomorrow and experience life in france. I'm also excited that I'm spending Easter in the same hotel my brother did two years ago! Missing everyone back in the United States!

Kelly:
It's been an amazing trip so far, even though it has been a little cold at times! I'm so excited to be here and when we are looking at the beautiful scenery, sometimes it still doesn't seem real. I'm super excited for Paris, especially after all the research I've done for Global Connections. We are in Germany for the night and hopefully going swimming! :) Miss everyone back home and hope to see you soon!



















No comments:

Post a Comment